- 260g all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 75 g cranberry, chopped nuts, raisins
- 1 large egg
- 295g apple sauce
- 55 g of vegetable oil
- 120g yogurt
- 100g brown sugar
- vanilla essence
For the topping
- 1/2 tablespoon oatmeal
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C(350 degrees F) and and place the oven rack in the center of the oven.
2. Butter a loaf pan (9 x 5 x 3 inch).
3. Mix the yoghurt with the apple sauce, beaten egg, oil, sugar, vanilla, coconut and raisins mixture.
4. In another bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Lightly fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients, just until all the ingredients are combined(do not over mix).
5. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle the top of the bred with rolled oats.
6. Bake the cake in the oven for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of the cake comes out clear.