Ingredients for mushroom soup
- 500g champignon mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 big onion
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 3 cups vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- * Measure with a 250ml cup
Ingredients for chicken stock
- leftover bones from a chicken carcass
- 2 carrots
- 1/4 of celery
- 1 onion
- 6 pepper grains
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cloves of garlic
1. First prepare concentrated chicken soup.
Making homemade chicken stock is easy! Not only do you save money because you don’t have to buy boxed stock, the stock itself is so much healthier for you because of all the iron, collagen, and vitamin-rich marrow from the bones.
We clean all the vegetables, cut them into large pieces and then put them together with the chicken scraps in a 4-5L pot. Add pepper, bay leaves and cover with water. Simmer gently for 2-3 hours, skimming as necessary, then pass the stock through a fine sieve.
2. Now that we have the concentrated soup ready, we can prepare the mushroom soup. For this we have to clean the mushrooms and cut them into slices. It is good to use small mushrooms. As you can see in the picture below, the mushrooms are cut off with their stem.
3. Clean and chop fine the onion.
4. Put the butter in a double bottom pot. Add the onions together with the mushrooms and heat them until the water released from the mushrooms evaporates (about 10-15 minutes).
5. Add the flour and paprika and cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add chicken soup, soy sauce and milk and boil over medium heat for about 15 minutes.
7. After 15 minutes we stop the fire and mix in the sour cream, lemon juice, dill and parsley.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.